Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something fun for the kids!
Make and share this Choose-A-Colour Popcorn Treat recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Line large shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Grease foil with butter.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn.
- Pour popcorn into prepared pan; keep warm in oven.
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and dry gelatin.
- Heat and stir over medium heat until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour Eagle Brand mixture over popcorn.
- Using a long-handled wooden spoon, stir gently to coat.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out onto large piece of lightly buttered foil; cool.
- Break into pieces or clusters.
The popcorn looked super so I can see why it is a kid pleaser. I found that the popcorn remained a bit on the soft side (or gooey?) despite the time spent in the oven. Maybe it is not suppose to be crunchy like carmel popcorn?? The taste was alright though. It's worth attempting again.
I tried these and they tasted yummy and my kids liked them only problem I found was that they got quite dark, some even burnt. I did'nt leave them in the full 20mins either and I mixed them every 5mins. The first cookie sheet was more burnt, so I tried another layer of foil. It helped somewhat but what did I do wrong? would love to know b/c they taste so good otherwise.
Whoa! This was a lot of fun to make. My daughter chose strawberry flavour and helped stir the sweetened condensed milk and Jello powder on the stove. The finished result was strawberry pink pop-corn clumps. Watch carefully while its in the oven, it could burn easily.