Recipe by Lennie
Something fun for the kids!
Top Review by sunny_day
The popcorn looked super so I can see why it is a kid pleaser. I found that the popcorn remained a bit on the soft side (or gooey?) despite the time spent in the oven. Maybe it is not suppose to be crunchy like carmel popcorn?? The taste was alright though. It's worth attempting again.
- 12 cups unseasoned popcorn or 12 cups lightly salted popped popcorn
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin (or other flavoured gelatin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Line large shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Grease foil with butter.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn.
- Pour popcorn into prepared pan; keep warm in oven.
- In medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and dry gelatin.
- Heat and stir over medium heat until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour Eagle Brand mixture over popcorn.
- Using a long-handled wooden spoon, stir gently to coat.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out onto large piece of lightly buttered foil; cool.
- Break into pieces or clusters.