Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These truffles are so delicious, super easy to make, and way better for you than regular truffles because there is zero cream in the recipe, which makes them vegan! My friends have nick-named them "good for you Truffles." I have to credit Chef Jenny Brewer for this recipe and Allison Garcia for taking the photos. Your friends and family will love them - guilt free. Enjoy!
- Melt chocolate and non-dairy milk in microwave.
- Mix together melted chocolate/milk with nut butter and vanilla in a food processor or mixer until well blended.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Scoop out chocolate mixture to form small balls and roll in chocolate powder or crushed nuts or coconut - just about any combo you'd like.
- Serve immediately or place back in fridge if serving the next day.
WOW, is this ever good! I would never have thought that making vegan truffles could be this easy and turn into something this fabulous! These truffles are AMAZING! They are soft, velvety, chocolatey and just plain delish! Mmmm! I made half the recipe using cashew butter and real vanilla bean seeds. I rolled my truffles in a mix of cocoa powder and mocha, which worked out really well and was a great addition to the dark chocolate. I also added some cocoa nibs to the truffle mixture to give these some more bite. Fantastic! Ill certainly make this recipe often again trying out different combinations of chocolate, add ins and coatins. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real winner, Lisa!
Made and reviewed for the LOVE train event in the contest and events forum January 2012.
Ya-huh! These truffles rock! Chocotastic. Mmmmhmm.