Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is one of my families favorite cookies. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided (no substitutions)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixixng bowl cream 1 cup butter and sugar.
- Add flour and vanilla and mix well.
- Cover and refridgerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 1/2 cup of dough into 1/2 inches long logs.
- Cut logs into 2 1/2 inches pieces.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In microwave or double boikler melt chocolate and remaining butter.
- Dip one end of cookie into chocolate and then into nuts.
- Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.