2 hrs 12 mins
This is a wonderful summer dessert! Cut the cookies into whatever shape suits your occasion, and serve beautifully decorated. The possibilities are really endless!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the butter, essence, icing sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 2Mix together the almond meal, flour and cocoa powder and stir into the butter mixture until well combined and a soft dough has formed.
- 3Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Roll out dough between 2 pieces of baking paper until 3mm thick.
- 5Place paper and dough on a tray and freeze for 10 minutes.
- 6Cut shapes in dough with a cookie cutter.
- 7You can use any shape you like, as long as you can sandwich some ice-cream between it.
- 8Try heart shapes for a romantic occasion, rounds, stars or whatever!
- 9You need 12 cookies to make 6 sandwiches.
- 10Place shapes onto a greased oven tray and bake at 180 degree C for about 12 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and leave cookies on tray for 5 minutes to firm up then transfer them carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12To serve, sandwich the cookies together with scoops of strawberry ice-cream (or another flavour if you prefer).
- 13Decorate with a dusting of extra cocoa powder and some fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered sugar icing