Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is super simple but got a five-star rating from my boyfriend. Be sure the berries are completely dry so the chocolate will adhere. Though the recipe calls for microwave melting, I always use a double-boiler, you're less likely to burn the chocolate that way. From Cooking Light 2004 cookbook.
- 16 strawberries, with stems
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton non-fat vanilla yogurt
- Rinse berries, pat dry.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until almost melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip bottom half of each strawberry into chocolate and let excess drip off. Place on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 5 minutes, or until set.
- Combine peppermint extract and yogurt.