Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting this recipe from Taste of Home because I know my husband will love it!
Make and share this Chocolate Skewered Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices bacon, thick-sliced
- 12 wooden skewers (12-inch)
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- dried apple chips, chopped (optional)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- pistachios, chopped (optional)
- toasted coconut, chopped (optional)
- kosher salt (optional)
- Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skew.
- Place on a rack in a large baking pan.
- Bake at 400º F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening, melt in a microwave and stir until smooth.
- With a pastry brush, coat the bacon strips on both sides with the melted coatings.
- Top each strip as desired and place on waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Okay... bacon...married with Chocolate. My daughter and I were sold!!! Delicious and easy. Believe it or not... a big hit with all her friends for snack time!