Recipe by Jacquie*
From Taste of Home Magazine. Men seem to really like these. I used Malibu Rum and Ghirardelli chocolate.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Whoo, these are boozy little suckers! Delicious, but no denying the rum in these, that's for sure! I used Malibu Coconut rum and Scharffen-Berger bittersweet squares. I thought at first that maybe I should double the recipe, because it doesn't look like it makes very much. In hindsight, I'm glad that I didn't, because small doses satisfy here. These would make a nice Valentine's day gift, wrapped up in some pretty packaging. DH has commandeered the bulk of the first batch I made, but I think I'll make another batch for Dad, cuz I suspect he'd like them just as much as DH did. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, with stems
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cherries in a bowl; cover with rum. Refridgerate, covered, overnight. Drain and pat dry. (Save the rum for a mixed drink!).
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening at 50% power in 30 second intervals.
- Stir until smooth.
- Holding stems, dip cherries in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Let stand until set.