Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From Simple and Delicious Party Foods. At the end of your BBQ throw these on the grill for a super finish to the day.
Top Review by lauralie41
Oh my gosh are these good! So easy to make and takes no time to have a wonderful dessert. I used rum extract and served with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a dash of nutmeg. Julie thank you for sharing this recipe with us. Made and reviewed for ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes team.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons rum
- your choice sour cream or mascarpone cheese or ice cream, topped with nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 4 10-inch squares of aluminum foil and brush them with butter. Make a careful slit lengthwise in the peel of each banana, and open wide enough to place the chocolate pieces inside the bananas then close them up.
- Wrap each stuffed banana in the foil then barbecue over hot coals about 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has melted inside the bananas. Remove from the BBQ and place on individual serving plates. Pour some rum into each banana.
- Serve at once with sour cream mascarpone cheese, or ice cream, topped with nutmeg.