Prep 24 mins
Cook 24 mins
I got this recipe from Canadian Living magazine. It is Rice Krispie squares with a twist. If you like regular Rice Krispie squares, you will love these. They are quick and easy, and great for a treat!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 250 g marshmallows (Regular)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Add cereal, peanuts and raisins, then chocolate chips, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Using lightly-buttered spatula, press into buttered 13x9" pan.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares.