Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These couldn't be easier because you don't have to do any baking. Children can help make them because they are so simple.
- 1⁄2 cup canned vanilla frosting or 1⁄2 cup chocolate frosting (or both if divided)
- red food coloring paste or green food coloring paste
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed striped round peppermint candies, plus extra for decoration
- 44 chocolate wafers
- In a small mixing bowl stir together frosting, food coloring (if desired) and crushed candies.
- Spread 1 level t frosting mixture each on flat side of 22 of the chocolate wafers.
- Top with the remaining chocolate wafers, flat side toward frosting mixture.
- Roll edges of cookies in addition crushed candies, if desired.
- Store cookies in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.