1/1 Photo of Chocolate Pepper Cookies (South African)
philip dreger's Note:
Chocolate pepper cookies from the book Where Flavor Was Born
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt half the chocolate.
- 2Beat butter until light and airy.
- 3Add sugar and beat until completely incorporated into butter.
- 4Beat in eggs one by one.
- 5Combine flour and baking soda and sift into butter mixture little by little until incorporated.
- 6Mix chocolate into the butter mixture.
- 7Stir in remaining chopped chocolate and pepper.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until dough is cool and firm.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10Cover baking sheet with parchment paper ( or grease generously).
- 11Place tablespoonful of batter about 1 inch apart on sheet.
- 12Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp on outside but still chewy inside.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pepper Cookies (South African)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 112.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g