Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Two favorite flavors, Chocolate and peanuts, make these bars a tasty treat.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, egg, vanilla and peanut butter. Blend well.
- In seperate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Add peanuts and chocolate chips and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350' for about 25 minutes or until it tests done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares, remove from pan and store in an airtight container.
- Freezes well.