Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 510.29 g package devil's food cake mix, without pudding (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 591.47 ml whipping cream, divided
- 283.49 g package peanut butter morsels
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml semisweet chocolate morsel
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 8-inch round cakepans.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Combine 2/3 cup whipping cream and peanut butter morsels in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels melt and mixture is smooth; remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, and cool 25 minutes.
- Beat 1 1/3 cup whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir one-third of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Fold into remaining whipped cream.
- Spread between cake layers; cover and chill.
- Bring remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and butter to a boil in a small saucepen.
- Add chocolate morsels; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Serve warm; or chill and serve at room temperature.