Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mousse Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, without pudding (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 8-inch round cakepans.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Combine 2/3 cup whipping cream and peanut butter morsels in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels melt and mixture is smooth; remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, and cool 25 minutes.
- Beat 1 1/3 cup whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir one-third of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Fold into remaining whipped cream.
- Spread between cake layers; cover and chill.
- Bring remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and butter to a boil in a small saucepen.
- Add chocolate morsels; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Serve warm; or chill and serve at room temperature.