Recipe by NorthwestGal
My husband and I, while we were still dating, used to meet at our local Red Robin after work for our midweek dates. His favorite drink during the sumemr was the Peanutty Freeze. It's basically just a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. My husband was really disappointed when Red Robin changed their menu many years ago, eliminating the Peanutty Freeze altogether. My husband has missed this milkshake ever since. So I went on a search for the recipe so he would be able to have his favorite milkshake now and then at home. After much begging, I eventually came upon this recipe for the Red Robin Peanutty Freeze (chocolate peanut butter milkshake).
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Yummy goodness! I made half the recipe for myself and I was kind of disappointed when I saw how little I would get to enjoy, but after I took the first sip I knew my sweet tooth would be satisfied. Deliciously rich. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chocolate supreme premium hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peanuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, peanut butter, dry hot cocoa mix, and ice cream in a blender container. Cover; blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into two tall beverage glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream or chocolate whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle the top with the finely chopped peanuts.