Recipe by Jane from Ohio
Received this in a flyer through the mail. They said you could decorate them with royal icing or top the eggs with colored sprinkles. They sounded good.
Top Review by Dessert Dawn
I made these today. Everything went fine until I went to melt the chocolate chips for dipping them. When I added the shortening, the chocolate seized up so I couldn't dip the eggs but had to sort of mold the frosting around the eggs. Then I put the rainbow sprinkles in my left hand and pressed the egg with frosting into the sprinkles. They look AWESOME and really cute but not smooth and shiney like those in the photo. My son is a big peanut butter/chocolate guy so we'll see what he thinks when he tries one. I also used a cookie dough scoop to get all the eggs the same size. Super easy too.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until.
- it becomes a nice workable dough.
- it will be like play dough and easy to work with.
- form dough into egg shapes
- place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips in and
- shortening in a glass measuring cup.
- Microwave 1 minute at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- (Can use a double broiler if you prefer).
- Dip each egg in the melted chocolate.
- place on waxed paper until set.
- trim any excess chocolate off that may pool with a paring knife.
- Decorate with royal icing or sprinkles if you wish.