Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like chocolate and peanut butter then these WILL be your FAVORITE cookies. You can't believe what a hit these cookies are at get togethers. Make as many as you can and there still won't be enough.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened baking chocolate (squares)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-vegetable crisco butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place sheets of foil on counter top for cooling cookies.
- Combine chocolate chips and chocolate squares in a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave at 50% (MEDIUM) for 2 minutes, stir. Repeat until smooth (or melt on range top in small saucepan on very low heat). Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until blended and crumbly.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add salt and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low. Add chocolate slowly. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in flour and baking soda with a spoon until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in nuts. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Do not overbake.
- Press peanut butter cup into center of each cookie immediately. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- For drizzle, place peanut butter chips in heavy resealable sandwich bag. Seal. Microwave at 50% (MEDIUM) for 1 minute. Knead bag. Repeat until smooth (or melt by placing bag in hot water). Cut tiny tip off corner of bag. Squeeze out and drizzle over cookies.