These cookies sound great. They have my two favorites chocolate and peanut butter, along with Reese's pieces, yum!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease baking sheets.
- Combine, cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, and milk in a large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in Reese's pieces.
- Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
Mmmmmmm these are yummy cookies! Packed full of peanut butter flavor but still get the taste of the chocolate. I did have to increase the milk by 1 tbls to make the batter soft enough before mixing in the chips. I mis-read your instructions and used Reeses Peanut Butter Chips instead of candies in the cookies and they are a great addition - still get the PB flavor! They do not spread (most cake mix cookies do not) but are soft in the center. Took 9 minutes for each batch to bake. Received 45 cookies from this batch. Made for the 8th Annual Photo Swap event in the Photo Forum. Thanks MM for a great keeper!
This recipe has so much potential, as the flavor is great. Perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter! I followed this recipe exact and the dough is extremely dry and crumbly. I actually had to knead in the candy with my hands and the dough still wouldn't hold together. I used a cookie scoop and the cookies didn't spread at all, so I ended up flattening the dough before baking subsequent sheets. I think this recipe needs additional moisture, whether that comes from more peanut butter and/or milk or adding oil or butter, I don't know. The end result was a dry but kind-of spongy cake-like texture that wasn't bad but wasn't what I expected. I love the small amount of ingredients and I would love to make these again with some modifications. Thanks for posting!