Recipe by Sharon Sharalike
I made these last Christmas, and i'll make them again this year. Delicious! I believe the recipe came from a Chatelaine magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup blanched whole almond
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped (about 8oz)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sifted icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (I prefer the liqueur) or 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (I prefer the liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- icing sugar (optional) or finely chopped nuts (optional) or cocoa, for rolling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350*F.
- Finely chop measured almonds.
- Spread on baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally until lightly toasted, about 5-8 minute.
- Over med-low heat melt chocolate & butter, stirring frequently approx 3-5 minute
- Scrape into a medium sized bowl.
- mix in icing sugar, orange liqueur and vanilla.
- Stir in almonds.
- cover and refrigerate until almost firm, approx 2hours.
- Scoop out mixture using a teaspoon and shape into a 1 inch ball.
- Roll balls in cocoa or nuts if desired then place in sealed container in single layers between waxed paper.
- Can be refrigerated for up to one month.