Recipe by Pets'R'us
A nice gift to your chocoholic friends, very thoughtful because they won't gain an ounce! Vary the scent by using peppermint essential oil or coconut fragrance oil instead of the orange.
- 2 bars unperfumed cream bath soap (you will need approx 8 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon dark organic cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons walnut oil or 5 teaspoons hazelnut oil or 5 teaspoons almond extract
- 40 drops orange essential oils, approx
- 5 tablespoons mineral water or 5 tablespoons bottled water
- paper baking cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Using your food processor, grate the soap bars, if you want a finer texture you will have to tip out the grated soap into a bowl and put the blade into the processor, put the soap back in the processor, and grind the soap.
- Put the soap into a glass mixing bowl and add the chocolate, cinnamon and oil, mix well.
- Now add the essential oil and mix again.
- Heat the water in the microwave for 40 seconds on high, add this to the soap and mix with a fork or spoon, then knead with your hands until you have a pliable dough.
- Divide this mixture in 4 or 6 portions, roll them into a ball, and then flatten the bottom slightly, holding the ball in the palm of your hand and pushing it down gently on a flat surface, Put them on a piece of baking paper, they will need to dry for a few days, at least 2 to 3 days, in a warm airy space.
- When ready put them in a muffin cup, dust with cacao powder or baking soda if you want, wrap the soap in clear plastic wrap.
- Happy giving!