3 hrs 20 mins
Here's a delicious sweet to finish off any meal - the chocolate, orange and whisky make a deadly combination! The quantities given below are sufficient for six servings. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 4 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 2 tablespoons scotch whiskey
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon scotch whiskey
- 1 pinch superfine sugar
- orange rind, for decoration
- 1Place the broken chocolate, whisky and cream in a heatproof bowl and sit in a pan of simmering hot water, stirring until melted.
- 2Important - don't allow the mixture to boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool but remain melted.
- 3Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff. Beat the yolks with the finely grated orange rind.
- 4Stir the egg yolk mixture into the cooled chocolate cream. Then fold in the whisked egg whites.
- 5Spoon the mixture into six individual dishes/glasses and chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
- 6Just before serving, whip the cream for the topping with the whisky and sugar.
- 7Decorate the mousse with the cream and the orange rind.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate, Orange and Whiskey Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 184.1 mg
- Sodium 67.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of