Recipe by English_Rose
Here's a delicious sweet to finish off any meal - the chocolate, orange and whisky make a deadly combination! The quantities given below are sufficient for six servings. Prep time includes chilling.
- 8 ounces chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 4 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 2 tablespoons scotch whiskey
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon scotch whiskey
- 1 pinch superfine sugar
- orange rind, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the broken chocolate, whisky and cream in a heatproof bowl and sit in a pan of simmering hot water, stirring until melted.
- Important - don't allow the mixture to boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool but remain melted.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff. Beat the yolks with the finely grated orange rind.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the cooled chocolate cream. Then fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into six individual dishes/glasses and chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
- Just before serving, whip the cream for the topping with the whisky and sugar.
- Decorate the mousse with the cream and the orange rind.