Recipe by Wineaux
This is a recipe from Woman's Day and one that I have used for several years. Easy and quick, they are always a hit at gatherings. You can make what the DH calls the "real kind" with a liqueur or the "virgin kind" with plain old extract.
Top Review by saw
made this virgin style with the almond extract, but think it would be better with vanilla. We don't drink and don't keep any alchol around. But, it was simple and easy to make and we all love chocolate.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 teaspoon almond extract or 3 tablespoons liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy medium saucepan over very low heat, combine chocolate chips and evaporated milk.
- Cook until chocolate melts completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup pecans and extract (or liqueur).
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Form into one-inch balls and roll in remaining pecans.
- Refrigerate at least one hour or until well chilled.