Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I plan to make this recipe for Christmas. Yield unknown at this time. Source: Another Cup of Sugar, Anna Olson
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch or 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toblerone chocolate bar (chocolate nougat candy bar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Sift in icing sugar and beat again until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl often.
- Sift in cornstarch or rice flour and blend well.
- Sift in all-purpose flour and salt; mix until dough comes together. Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon large teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets (or parchment-lined baking sheets), leaving 2 inches in between cookies.
- Press triangle of chocolate bar into centre of each cookie and bake for 18-20 minutes, until bottoms brown lightly. Remove from cookie sheet to cool.