Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good. You might try making it with Splenda, if available in your area. Add a spoonful of Kahlua or orange zest for variety.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whip the cream with electric mixer.
- Add Equal one packet at a time.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder, and beat until almost stiff.
- Scrape down and mix again.
- Place in serving dishes, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve within 4 hours of preparation.
I love this low carb mousse when I am craving something sweet. If you like raspberries, add them. They only add about 2.3g of carbs for 10 raspberries and it gives this mousse the best flavor.
Would most definitely make again! My 7 year old also loved it! Very light and airy. More pleasant than the usual mousse.
This definitely is low carb. And it does taste decadent. Be careful, though, and read the nutrition info - over 90% FAT. Calories are calories, and if you're eating low carb for losing weight, this might not be for you. If, however, you're eating low carb for some other reason, enjoy!!