Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using Vanilla wafers in this recipe turns an ordinary cookie into something fantastic!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate confectionary coating
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 18 -24 vanilla wafers
- Place candy coating in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Stir in extract.
- Dip vanilla wafers in coating; place on waxed paper until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
I got a chocolate melting pot for Christmas which made this so simple. The wafers were very good. We ran out of Nilla wafers so we finished off the chocolate with Oreo cookies. They were the kids favorites by far!! We topped them with a few colorful sprinkles to make them more festive. We will deffinately make again and keep trying different combinations. Thanks for a great idea.
These are so cool. Kinda like those Girl Scout thin mint cookies. DD loves those things so now we can have them whenever. :D