1/3 Photos of Chocolate Meringue Stars
These are easy and attractive cookies. They are light and chewy and you can't eat just one. I usually make them at Christmas, but they will do for any occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 2Gradually add sugar, about 2 Tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 3Gently fold in cocoa.
- 4Place in a pastry bag with a large open star tip.
- 5Line baking sheets with foil and coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Pipe stars, about 1 1/4 in.
- 7diameter, onto foil, or drop by rounded teaspoons.
- 8Bake at 300 for 30-35 minutes or util lightly browned.
- 9Remove from foil; cool on wire racks.
- 10In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 11Dip the cookies halfway into glaze; place on waxed paper to harden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Meringue Stars
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g