Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is the best pumpkin pie I have come across in some time! :-) I LOVE "NUTELLA" Spread, and found this on their site. It will be a keeper at our house from now on.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup nutella, spread
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, devided
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blind bake your pie shell, by lining it with foil, and filling it with dry beans, rice, or pie weights. ( this will keep it from getting puffed up in areas, and also keeps the crust crunchy.) Bake for 10-12 minute.
- Remove from oven ,and remove the foil and beans.
- Turn the oven down to 325°F.
- Meanwhile blend the Nutella with 1/2 c of the condensed milk and the 2 egg yolks. Stir well to combine. Pour this into your prepared pie crust. Bake for 30 minute.
- In another bowl combine the remaining condensed milk with the 2 whole eggs, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. stir well, so there are no lumps. (I whisked the milk, eggs and spice together with a fork and then combined it with the canned pumpkin).
- when the choc.layer is finished baking. Spoon this mixture over it and return it to the oven for aprox. 40 more minute or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. YUMMMMM! :-).
I made this as a take home dessert for my DS who loves anthing with Nutella, this was an interesting combination that I could not pass up, I received a call to inform that he loved this pie and I should make it again soon, so 5 stars all the way, thanks for sharing!
I bought the ingredients before I read the directions. I didn't have time for all the fuss. I abandoned all the directions and mixed all the ingredients together and poured into an unbaked pie shell, then baked it like a regular pumpkin pie. It was a huge hit with my family. Tastes like an ordinary pumpkin pie when you first put it in your mouth. Then you get the chocolate kicker.