Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on http://www.omnomicon.com. It originally came from an old church cookbook and was contributed by Connie Aubuchon. Unlike your typical modern ice cream cake, this one actually has the ice cream baked in. It looks really easy and has a rave review from the writer of the article in which it was posted.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix (1 box)
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- cocoa powder (to dust pan) or flour (to dust pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a tube or bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder or flour.
- Beat all ingredients together for 4 minutes. (Batter will end up looking like melted ice cream. This is okay.).
- Pour into pan and bake 45 minutes.