Recipe by katzzii
Inspired by http://www.joyofbaking.com's Mincemeat Shortbread Bars, I decided to make my own version of it with chocolate! Came up with a soft and chewy base with chocolate hazelnut filling.. Hope you'll like it!
Top Review by Maito
These were good, but a little on the dry side. I used my silicone brownie pan, so I didn't need to use parchment paper. The dough was like a soft cookie dough, so I spread it instead of "pressing" it, and dolloped it instead of "crumbling" it. These are the texture of a brownie or cake.
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch square pan lined with wax paper on the bottom and up across the sides of the pan (so it'll be easier to take out later).
- Melt nutella and chocolate chips on a double boiler. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter then slowly add sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time then add vanilla. Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
- Evenly press 2/3 of the dough thinly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the hazelnut mixture onto the bottom dough, spread evenly.
- Crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle onto the top of the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- To cut, move to a cutting board then slice evenly.