Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Holy chocorama! This is a holiday keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Stir together the flour with the brown sugar and salt.
- Slowly stir in the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until golden, around 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cocoa with the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs with the butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Whisk in cocoa mixture and stir to well blended.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Pour over top of baked crust.
- Shake a bit to level top.
- Bake in oven until middle is firm, around 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool in pan on a rack.
This is a great bar, they go fast!! I used almonds instead of hazelnuts only because I did'nt have any.. I LOVE THIS BAR!!
Great! I actually used a mix of chopped almonds and walnuts for a double-nut bar. Nice and chewy.