Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
slightly different gingersnap recipe.
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat butter and grated ginger about 4 minutes.
- Add brown sugar; beat until combined.
- Add molasses; beat until combined.
- Mix flour and spices.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in 1 1/2 teaspoons boiling water.
- Beat half of flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Beat in baking-soda mixture, then remaining half of flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate; turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Pat dough out to about 1 inch thick; seal with wrap; refrigerate until firm, 2 hours or more.
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2- inch balls; place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake until the surfaces crack slightly, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Simply to die for-------Thanks.