Prep 4 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
A chocolate custard like dessert.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 3-cup flan mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, Splenda, cocoa, cornstarch, and almond extract until smooth.
- Stir in milk and evaporated milk.
- Pour mixture into mold.
- Set mold in baking pan, and pour water into the pan until it reaches halfway up the mold so flan cooks evenly and doesn't crack.
- Bake 2 hours (flan will not look completely set yet, will firm up more while cooling).
- Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour; then refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- To serve, invert mold onto a plate or spoon flan out of mold.