Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delish! Very simple to make. They are so rich, that you may want to share half of it with someone else. I ate this at a local restaurant and had to ask for the recipe. They were so good, that I could hardly believe that they were so simple to make.
- 4 -60 g chocolate candy bars (I used regular sized Hershey bars, can also use king sized bars)
- 4 -8 inches flour tortillas
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (I'm a Blue Bunny kinda gal!)
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup, to drizzle (I used Hershey's)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for dusting on top
- 1⁄4 cup oil (for frying, I used vegetable oil)
- Place chocolate bar on flour tortilla.
- Wrap by folding the side closest to you over the chocolate bar and fold in sides, roll up away from you making a burrito fold. Make sure they are folded tight so no chocolate will melt out of the sides when you are frying.
- Place enough oil to coat bottom of non stick skillet. Depending on size of skillet you use, is how much oil you need. Heat oil. I have an electric glass top stove, and I turned it up to medium heat to heat the oil, and then turned it down between medium and low. This may splatter grease so make sure no kiddios are near by!
- Fry each enchilada on each side to brown.
- Place on paper towels to absorb grease.
- Place on plate.
- Scoop ice cream on top.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
These are to die for! This is pure heaven! Will be making again and again!
There was no sharing going on at our table!! These are so good! I am already thinking about next time and I think I will try painting a bit of oil on the tortillas and baking them in the oven. I think I could get away with less oil and it should work fine. I used regular size bars, some plain chocolate and some with caramel. They were all good. I made this for PAC Fall 2007. Thanks for posting your recipe.