Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a magazine it's from Splenda. Diabetic exchanges = 1 starch, 1 fat.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Coarsely chop 5 of the chocolate squares; set aside.
- Beat margarine, brown sugar and splenda in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate and walnuts. Drop by heaping tablespoons of dough, 2 - inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool one minute; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt remaining 3 chocolate squares in microwave as directed on package. Dip one half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place in single layer on wax paper-covered plates. Let stand until chocolate is set.