Recipe by Marie
A wonderful and different treat! Bugles are filled with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate. Yum! Recipe courtesy of Country Woman Christmas 2004
Top Review by Amanda C.
ya, I don't know where you got this "recipe" from, and I'm not trying to be mean- but my mom and I have been making these since I can remember (at Least since early '80s).... and we don't waste the broken ones by using them as a salty snack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter (room temperature)
- 6 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 12 ounces milk chocolate confectionary coating (or see note below for substitute for milk chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill plastic food bag with peanut butter.
- Cut small hole in corner of bag.
- Twist open end of bag tight and carefully pipe the peanut butter into the Bugles.
- Do not overfill or the filling will leak out.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 1/ 2 minutes. Stir.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Chocolate can also be melted in the top of a double boiler.
- Dip the peanut butter filled end of each Bugle halfway into the chocolate coating.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Note: You can also use chocolate chips melted with 2 teaspoons of shortening to dip the bugles. If chocolate needs rewarming while dipping, place in microwave for a few seconds til smooth.