Recipe by looneytunesfan
Kids will enjoy helping to make these adorable treats for the Easter basket.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
For the Decorations
- 16 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Mix together flour and salt.
- Beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. At low speed, beat in flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition, until a dough forms. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On flat surface, shape each ball into an egg shape, with bottom side flat. Place cookies, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until just set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Dip bottom half of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into pan.
- Immediately press candies into chocolate-covered portion to decorate as desired. Place on waxed paper. Chill until set.