1/2 Photos of Chocolate Dipped Dates Stuffed With Spiced Nuts
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
From November 2010 Bon Appetit magazine. These take a few steps, but the result is a "wow" for presentation. And it isn't all that hard to do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss 24 almonds, 1 teaspoon orange peel, honey and spices in a small bowl.
- 2Cut slit in each date and remove pit.
- 3Press 2 spice-coated almonds into each slit and enclose nuts in date.
- 4Line a small baking dish with foil (or greased wax paper) so the dates won't stick while they are setting up.
- 5Melt chocolate in a small bowl (about 20 seconds in the microwave, stirring halfway through.).
- 6Dip each date 3/4 of the way into melted chocolate. Shake off excess and place on foil.
- 7Sprinkle remaining orange peel over chocolate.
- 8Dip each plain almond halfway into chocolate and set on top of a date.
- 9Chill until chocolate sets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Dates Stuffed With Spiced Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: