Recipe by Wendy-Bob
This was my friend Anna's "secret recipe" for years before she finally revealed all! She used to make it every birthday/Christmas/holiday for all our friends. It's so easy to make a really yummy. Great for pot luck dinners or parties. This is the basic recipe but you add all sorts of things to it - dried fruit, nuts, marshmallows, or cherries work well too.
Top Review by Aleigha Nicole
The easiest and most amazing cake. Used this as our second Birthday cake and everybody loved it. I left my biscuits in quite large peices and it looked great on the side TY for a hit Wendy & Bob
- 12 ounces plain dark chocolate (I actually use half plain and half milk)
- 4 ounces butter
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 8 ounces digestive biscuits (broken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cake tin with clingfilm/greaseproof paper. I vary the tin depending on the event - a loaf-style cake is better for home use, cookie trays are easier for slicing up for a pot luck, or a regular round cake tin is fine if you're using the cake for a birthday.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl (either over a pan of simmering water, or you can nuke it in the microwave in 10-second bursts).
- Pour the condensed milk into the chocolate and butter mixture and beat together until creamy.
- Add the broken biscuits and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and press it well into the corners.
- Leave to cool a little then refrigerate until set (it usually takes at least 2 hours depending on how cold your fridge is).