Recipe by Anita Harris
Something special to make for Easter. Kids and adults like these! (Prep and cooking times may vary and don't include chilling times).
Top Review by Pneuma
I did it as is, and it came out good, maybe coz when I microwaved the brown sugar, I melted it but not to the point of being too smooth and syrupy. In fact, I didn't stir it after 30 secs, only after a full minute. It tastes like Reese's but with nuts. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 quart microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and brown sugar together on 100% (high) for 1 to 1-1/2 mins, stirring every 30 seconds or until brown sugar is melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Shape by teaspoonsful into egg shapes; chill.
- In double boiler or heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips together with the 2 tbsps of shortening.
- With a wooden pick (such as a wooden skewer), dip each egg into chocolate chip mixture, coating completely.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been covered with waxed paper.
- Chill several hours.
- Keep stored in the fridge.