Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm planning to make these for Easter. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 2 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, melted
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and brown sugar in a microwave on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until brown sugar is melted.
- Add confectioners' sugar and peanut butter, stirring to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape by teaspoonfuls into egg shapes.
- Place on a wire rack over parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In small saucepan, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening over low heat, whisking until smooth.
- Spoon an even layer of chocolate over each peanut butter egg.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Spoon another layer of chocolate over peanut butter eggs.
- Let sit at room temperature until chocolate is set.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.