Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This desert reminds me of a peanut buster parfait from DQ or of a fudge sundae. It's a great make-ahead desert to bring out when unexpected guests arrive. This could even work with chocolate ice cream. "Cooking time" is time in the freezer.
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla ice cream, slightly softened, about 4 cups
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, well drained and chopped
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup hot fudge
- 1 -2 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 8 whole maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, peanuts and 1/4 cup maraschino cherries; blend well.
- Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
- While pie is resting, combine hot fudge sauce and liqueur in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warm.
- Spoon sauce over individual servings of pie and garnis each with a cherry.