Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This doesn't use an ice cream freezer! Be sure to use fresh eggs to avoid any food prep issues. Cook time includes 6 hours in the freezer. Taken from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Oreo cookies (approx 12 cookies, crushed)
- Line 9x5 loaf pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to cover the top.
- In mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick & pale. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Fold in the crushed cookies and whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Cover with the foil overhang and freeze until firm (approx 6 hours).
- To serve, remove ice cream from the pan and peel off foil. Cut into thin slices with a sharp knife.