Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious, sweet, dessert bread for all cappuccino lovers! It's perfect as dessert, or topped with ice cream! Maple syrup can be substituted for honey in this recipe. Baking time is however long it takes your bread machine.*NOTE* there is one last ingredient to be added at the same time as the chocolate chips: 2 envelopes instant mocha cappuccino mix. The Zaar puter will not recognize it *NOTE*.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips and mocha mix - see NOTICE* in intro) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic Bread cycle; press Start.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the chocolate chips and mocha mix at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
Yuck. First of all, there's no "mocha mix" listed in this recipe. Secondly, the dough is terribly salty to the point of being inedible. I'm letting it finish baking in the hopes that it will be ok, but as of right now, it is salty and bitter and disgusting. I did use half coffee and half water because of the lack of mocha mix, and because when I make chocolate cake I sub coffee for all the water, but I've added an extra 4 tablespoons of sugar. It's very humid here today and finally started raining, so the dough is super wet and is absorbing the sugar. Hopefully this will be edible.
MMMMMM, chocolate bread - what more can I say? Very easy to make and very good! Thanks a ton for posting Annacia!