Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's another Splenda recipe for us low carbers. These are very good. Try not to eat them all just because they're low carb!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 200°F
- BAKE walnuts in a shallow pan, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted.
- BEAT egg whites and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- ADD SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; stir in walnuts and chocolate morsels.
- SPOON rounded teaspoons of mixture on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- BAKE 2 hours. Cool slightly on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Option: Store in an air-tight tin
- Nutrition Information per serving.
- Serving Size 1 cookie.
- Calories 35.
- Calories from Fat 15.
- Total Fat 2g.
- Saturated Fat 0.5g.
- Cholesterol 0mg.
- Sodium 0mg.
- Total Carbohydrates 4g.
- Dietary Fiber 0g.
- Sugars 4g.
- Protein 1g.
- Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Starch
- This recipe, when compared to a traditional recipe, has a 24% reduction in calories, a 38% reduction in carbohydrates and a 42% reduction in sugars!