1/14 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cookies (With Pecan, if You Like)
The ultimate chocolate cookie recipe - it earns rave reviews wherever you take them! Add nuts, change them to white chocolate chip macadamia nut - this is a very flexible recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup crisco butter shortening (or 3/4 stick crisco butter shortening sticks)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- 4Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist), or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- 6* If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies (With Pecan, if You Like)
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g