Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy cookie recipe that doesn't require eggs. From Bev Bennet, "30 Minute Meals for Dummies."
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Blend in salt and vanilla. Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until batter is light. Stir in chips by hand.
- Spoon out batter by1/2 teaspoon measure. Cool into marble-shaped balls and arrange 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies are fairly browned.
I followed the recipe exactly, but, they ended up as flaky little flat cookies. I think there wasn't enough flour in the recipe. I liked the flavor, so I will try again using more flour to hold it all together!!