Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds interesting and easy!!
Make and share this Chocolate Cherry "dump" Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Dump the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the box of chocolate cake mix evenly on top of that.
- Distribute the butter slices on top of the cake mix.
- Spread the pecans evenly over the butter and cake mix.
- Fianally, sprinkle the sugar over all.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes and serve warm!
- This is also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Made this for New Years Eve 2009 dinner and boy was it a hit! Kids loved it (teenagers). Will be making this again!
It had a good taste, but I think 2 sticks of butter is too much. The finished cake was like a gueey browney with strawberries. When I make it next time I am going to use 1 stick of butter.
WOW what a great way to quickly feed that chocolate craving with ingredients that are in my fruitcellar/pantry! Use a good quality brand of cake-mix and a quality pie filling.