Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Famous Family Favorites Cookbook. Collected by The Business and Professional Women's Club of Corning, New York. The recipe was submitted by Tonya Kashmer.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml light cream or 14.79 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 0.19 ml almond extract
- 340.19 g maraschino cherries, drained
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml shortening
- Cream butter and confectioners sugar; then add cream, vanilla and almond extract.
- Using electric mixer at lowest speed, work the mixture until it forms a thick pliable fondant.
- If too sticky to shape with the hands, work in a little more confectioners sugar, 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
- Dry cherries on a paper towel.
- Mold a small amount of fondant (about 1 teaspoon) around each cherry to cover completely.
- Arrange cherries on tray; cover lightly with waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate with shortening in top of double boiler over hot water; cool, stirring frequently, until thickened and no longer warm to the touch.
- Drop cherries, one at a time, into chocolate and turn to cover completely.
- Remove with a for and drop onto waxed paper.
- Chill 15 minutes to harden chocolate.
- Before serving, store candies in cool place for 2 days so that fondant will liquefy.