I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Famous Family Favorites Cookbook. Collected by The Business and Professional Women's Club of Corning, New York. The recipe was submitted by Tonya Kashmer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and confectioners sugar; then add cream, vanilla and almond extract.
- 2Using electric mixer at lowest speed, work the mixture until it forms a thick pliable fondant.
- 3If too sticky to shape with the hands, work in a little more confectioners sugar, 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
- 4Dry cherries on a paper towel.
- 5Mold a small amount of fondant (about 1 teaspoon) around each cherry to cover completely.
- 6Arrange cherries on tray; cover lightly with waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 7Melt chocolate with shortening in top of double boiler over hot water; cool, stirring frequently, until thickened and no longer warm to the touch.
- 8Drop cherries, one at a time, into chocolate and turn to cover completely.
- 9Remove with a for and drop onto waxed paper.
- 10Chill 15 minutes to harden chocolate.
- 11Before serving, store candies in cool place for 2 days so that fondant will liquefy.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Cordials
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g