Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw these featured on the Food Network a few months ago, but there was no recipe. I have been dying to try them since, and finally made up my own recipe. Who wouldn't love a plump strawberry surrounded by New York Cheesecake and then dipped in chocolate??!
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Place on paper towels until they reach room temperature.
- Mash cheesecake with a mixer until the graham cracker crust in mixed throughout. Cheesecake mixture should be soft and workable, like a cookie dough.
- With your fingers, pick up a small ball of cheesecake and press against the strawberry, leaving the stem and leaves visible. Bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the strawberry should be covered with the cheesecake. Set aside on waxed paper. May need to be chilled until ready to dip.
- Melt chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and dip each cheesecake-covered strawberry into chocolate, coating ¾ of strawberry.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then return strawberry to the waxed paper covered baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Strawberries should be stored in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Oh my goodness!!!!! Made these tonight and they were excellent. I used 12 strawberries, 1 slice of cheesecake and halved the rest of the recipe. Absolutely decadent. Thanks for posting. ChefRaylene
I can't wait to try this. My hubby loves Cheesecake~What a great Valentine surprise this would be to make.Will rate once I try~Thanks for sharing!!!